With App State Online, you are connected to the Appalachian campus with access to world-class professors and top-notch Mountaineer resources, without most of the fees applicable to on-campus students. Learn about financial aid and determine the best options for you.
Tuition and Fees
Your education is an investment in your future. With competitive tuition rates and most on-campus fees waived, programs offered through App State Online represent a tremendous value.
For current tuition and fees, visit Costs and Aid.
App State Online students can get all the answers to their financial aid questions by visiting Financial Aid. Information tailored to the needs of App State Online students is available. Financial aid is available to Appalachian State University’s App State Online students under the same guidelines, rules and process that apply to on-campus students.
App State Online is committed to make sure you don't miss out on any opportunities to save.
For scholarship opportunities, visit Student Resources.
A few other items may be necessary to fulfill your degree requirements. Most important is a dependable, easily accessible computer. Other costs you might incur include:
- The non-refundable application fee (except when a cohort is canceled due to insufficient interest)
- Non-App State college transcripts
- Course-specific materials and travel as specified by the faculty teaching the course
- The cost of required admission tests (e.g. GRE or MAT for admission to graduate programs, the Praxis I and Praxis II for teacher education majors and licensure candidates)
- Some online courses may require proctored exams. Please visit UNC Online to search available exam proctors near you.
- A reliable, high-speed internet connection
- Unique, specific software or hardware (App State Online students have access to some software with the use of the university credentials. Visit the UDesk for more information.
- The graduation fee
- The cost of the cap and gown, if participating in the ceremony
Residency For Tuition Purposes
If you have a question regarding North Carolina residency, please review NC Residency Requirements for either undergraduate or graduate enrollment.
Veterans Benefit/Military Tuition
The Office of Student Financial Aid administers VA Education Benefits at App State. A VA benefits specialist will help you navigate the process. For more information, please visit Veterans/Military Education.
The North Carolina Military and Veterans Affairs also offers North Carolina Veterans and Dependents Scholarships.