The online Graduate Certificate in Special Education at App State
Appalachian’s online Graduate Certificate in Special Education will provide you with the abilities to become a leader in advanced behavioral interventions critical in today’s classroom.
Special educators play a vital role in the school community and staying abreast of the most up-to-date research-based practices is crucial. Together with Appalachian faculty, you will learn evidence-based instructional strategies and behavioral interventions required to serve students with disabilities in inclusive classrooms.
Upon completion of this certificate, you will be eligible to apply for the NC licensure in special education: general curriculum. Approved hours of the certificate may be used toward the completion of Appalachian’s Master of Arts in Special Education.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Completion time: 18-24 months
- Two classes per semester, including summer
- Click for course information
- All App State education programs that lead to an initial licensure or a similar credential require a Clinical Internship at a North Carolina public school. Learn more.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
Appalachian State programs that lead to a professional licensure or certificate are intended to prepare students for licensure or certification in North Carolina. Check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements in other states.