The online Graduate Certificate in Special Education at App State
App State’s Graduate Certificate in Special Education will provide you with the abilities to become a leader in advanced behavioral interventions critical in today’s classroom.
Special educators play a vital role in the school community and staying abreast of the most up-to-date research-based practices is crucial. Together with App State faculty, you will learn evidence-based instructional strategies and behavioral interventions required to serve students with disabilities in inclusive classrooms.
Upon completion of this 100 percent online certificate, you will be eligible to apply for the NC licensure in special education.
- Completion time: 18-24 months
- Two classes per semester, including summer
- Click for course information
- All App State education programs that lead to an initial licensure or a similar credential require a Clinical Internship at a North Carolina public school. Learn more.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts (or evaluated transcripts for degrees and coursework earned outside of the United States) should be uploaded showing any completed degrees and coursework.
Note: Official transcripts will be required prior to enrolling.
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
Appalachian State programs that lead to a professional licensure or certificate are intended to prepare students for licensure or certification in North Carolina. Check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements in other states.