The online Elementary Education Graduate Certificate at Appalachian
Do you have a bachelor’s degree outside of education? App State’s graduate certificate in Elementary Education is uniquely designed for you so you can get your A-level license in Elementary Education by studying with specialists who will prepare you for today’s diverse, technology-enhanced classrooms.
You will engage in coursework and experiences designed to prepare you with content knowledge beyond your undergraduate degree and pedagogical practices to support student learning in the 21st century. This 17-month program can be used for the Residency Licensure Program if you have been offered employment by an LEA (Local Education Agency) in North Carolina.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Elementary Education teacher
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses, with two courses per semester, including summer.
- Internship completed the last semester, full time in the classroom setting
- similar credential require multiple site-based field experiences throughout the program as well as on-campus and regional meetings prior to and during the Clinical Internship. Learn more.
- Click for course information.
Note: A transcript review will be performed by the program faculty prior to admission to determine if previous coursework meets criteria for initial licensure in your intended cognate track. Additional coursework beyond the 27 hours may be required depending on the course of study taken for the bachelor’s degree.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the chosen teaching area from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Personal statement
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the U.S. Department of Education for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at Appalachian at email@example.com or 828-262-7559.