Our graduates put education first
There’s a reason Appalachian has education graduates working in every county in North Carolina. Our graduates are dedicated professionals who understand education goes beyond the classroom. They strengthen their communities by fostering the academic, social and emotional development of students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
Your App State Online education experience will be as a member of a collaborative community that utilizes cutting-edge technologies, diverse research and theory, culturally relevant instruction and robust career-based activity.
Ready to learn more? Explore our growing range of options below.
App State Online programs
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) (BS)
- Child Development - Birth through Kindergarten (BS)
- Elementary Education (BS)
- Middle Grades Education (BS)
- Veterinary Technology (BS)
- Workforce Leadership & Development (CTE) (BS)
Note: All programs require a North Carolina site-based field experience. Learn more.
- Curriculum Specialist (MA)
- Educational Administration (EdS)
- Educational Media (MA)
- Higher Education (MA)
- Higher Education: Education Specialist (EdS)
- Library Science (MLS)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Middle Grades Education (MA)
- Reading Education (MA)
- School Administration (MSA)
- Special Education (MA)
- Autism Graduate Certificate
- Birth through Kindergarten Graduate Certificate
- College and University Teaching Graduate Certificate
- Elementary Education Graduate Certificate
- Elementary Mathematics Education Graduate Certificate
- Health and Physical Education Graduate Certificate
- Instructional Technology Facilitation Graduate Certificate
- Instructional Technology Leadership Graduate Certificate
- Middle and Secondary Teaching Graduate Certificate
- New Media Literacies and Global Perspectives Graduate Certificate
- Nursing Education Graduate Certificate
- Online Learning and Professional Development Graduate Certificate
- Reading Education Graduate Certificate
- Residency Licensure Programs
- School Leadership Graduate Certificate
- Special Education Graduate Certificate
Note: The Middle and Secondary Teaching Graduate Certificate requires a North Carolina site-based field experience. Learn more.