The online Curriculum Specialist graduate degree at App State
Increase your impact as an educator and take your career further with Appalachian State University’s Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program.
This flexible App State Online program is designed for practitioners who wish to increase their knowledge and skills necessary to develop a school culture that values diversity and promotes high expectations and achievement for all.
Your studies in the Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program will prepare you to become a curriculum instructional specialist whose primary concern is the improvement of learning opportunities through instructional leadership in curriculum development, instruction and staff development.
App State Online: Change your future.
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Click for course information
- Completion time: two years
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- All applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid North Carolina “A” level teaching license or equivalent from another state
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
GRE or MAT waivers are available if the applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or better or an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and 3 or more years teaching experience.
No exam waiver is automatic but will require review and approval by the Graduate School upon submission of a complete application. An approved waiver request does not guarantee acceptance into the program. A denied waiver request does not mean that a candidate is denied admission to the program, only that a standardized exam score is needed to more fully evaluate the application. Standardized test scores may be required for scholarship consideration.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria listed above will be required to take the official general GRE or MAT exam in accordance with Graduate School policy.
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)
- Three references
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification in North Carolina. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at App State at email@example.com or 828-262-7559.
Request More Information
Hear from an Alumnus
“The graduate program in Curriculum at ASU served as job-embedded staff development for me as I transitioned to the role of instructional coach. The classes provided timely information that helped shape the services I could offer to support quality instruction in the classroom.”
– Jennifer Griffin