The online Curriculum Specialist graduate degree at Appalachian
Increase your impact as an educator and take your career further with Appalachian State University’s Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program.
This flexible App State Online program is designed for practitioners who wish to increase their knowledge and skills necessary to develop a school culture that values diversity and promotes high expectations and achievement for all.
Your studies in the Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program will prepare you to become a curriculum instructional specialist whose primary concern is the improvement of learning opportunities through instructional leadership in curriculum development, instruction and staff development.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
Coursework will be delivered online in two formats:
- Synchronous: One evening per week per class, students join their classmates and instructor for a three-hour class in real-time in virtual classroom.
- Asynchronous: Coursework may be completed on the student's own schedule, except for individualized online meetings with the instructor.
- Click for course information
- Completion time: two years
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- All applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid North Carolina “A” level teaching license or equivalent from another state
- meet Graduate School admission criteria
GRE or MAT scores are required for entry into this program unless the applicant has:
- A GPA of 3.4 or better; or
- Three or more years of teaching experience and 3.0 minimum GPA
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)
- Three references
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the U.S. Department of Education for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at Appalachian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-262-7559.
Hear from an Alumnus
“The graduate program in Curriculum at ASU served as job-embedded staff development for me as I transitioned to the role of instructional coach. The classes provided timely information that helped shape the services I could offer to support quality instruction in the classroom.”
– Jennifer Griffin