The Online College and University Teaching Graduate Certificate at Appalachian
Are you looking to distinguish yourself in the post-secondary education field? Appalachian State’s online graduate certificate in College and University Teaching prepares you — with your pre-existing content discipline expertise — to use the elements of effective and inclusive college teaching, assessment and technology integration.
Discover the major steps in the teaching and learning process: planning, developing, and facilitating learning experiences and assessing outcomes. Explore online learning environments and how to identify inclusive and equitable strategies to meet the needs of students in the virtual classroom.
This program provides marketable skills for graduate students wishing to seek employment in higher education as instructors. Backed by a well-defined professional development curriculum, you will graduate with a tangible credential that you can take directly to the classroom.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Adjunct professor
- Community college professor
- All classes will be held asynchronously
- Classes will be held in seven-week terms
- Completion time: Nine months, fall and spring semester
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.