Online Graduate Certificate in Online Design, Communication and Engagement
New technologies have catalyzed an evolution in tools for learning. As schools, governments and corporations look to emerging technologies to enhance learning environments and improve outcomes, these efforts must be guided by empirically grounded learning sciences and design.
Our online Graduate Certificate in Online Design, Communication and Engagement will expand your knowledge of learning technologies, helping you build the creativity, knowledge and skills necessary to pioneer the future of equitable, effective learning.
If you are looking to elevate your career as an instructional designer, this program will help you discover how learning happens across diverse settings and how to bolster and enhance it.
- Online course developer
- Corporate trainer
All 18 hours of certificate credit transfers to the master's degree. If you are a prospective MA applicant, you should formally apply to the degree program prior to reaching nine hours.
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.