The online Master of Arts in Mathematics degree at App State
App State Online’s Master of Arts in Mathematics is a flexible, 100 percent online program designed to give you the disposition, skills and expertise needed to implement problem-based, technology-intensive and student-focused learning in your classroom.
Choose from two tracks: College Teaching or Secondary Teaching
This program follows the American Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges (AMATYC) guidelines for faculty preparation if you want to teach in higher education or leads to a “M” level licensure for secondary grades.
App State Online: Change your future.
- College Math Professor
- High School Math Teacher
- The College Teaching concentration prepares you to teach in a higher education setting. Click for course information.
- The Secondary Teaching concentration puts you on a path to teach math in high school. Click for course information.
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate coursework in statistics, linear algebra and analysis
- Have GRE or MAT scores no older than five years
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Three references
- Application fee
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification in North Carolina. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at App State at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-262-7559.