The online Graduate Certificate in Literacy Education at App State
Appalachian State University’s Graduate Certificate in Literacy Education offered through App State Online will help improve reading comprehension in your K-12 classroom, putting your students on a path to academic achievement.
The Literacy Education program maintains a clinical focus where students learn through direct experience in how to assist children and adults to read.
App State has long been recognized as an outstanding teacher education institution, and its reading faculty is one the largest in the southeastern United States.
- Classroom teacher
- Reading specialist
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses.
- Click for course information
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts (or evaluated transcripts for degrees and coursework earned outside of the United States) should be uploaded showing any completed degrees and coursework.
Note: Official transcripts will be required prior to enrolling.
Appalachian State programs that lead to a professional licensure or certificate are intended to prepare students for licensure or certification in North Carolina. Check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements in other states.