The Graduate Certificate in Appalachian Studies at Appalachian
The Appalachian region spans 13 states and encompasses 25 million people. It is one of the richest and most distinctive cultural regions in the United States.
Right here in the heart of southern Appalachian is Appalachian State University, home to the largest repository of Appalachian books and journals in the world.
If you are ready to connect to the community around you, our online graduate certificate in Appalachian Studies is the program for you. Our expert faculty will provide you with an interdisciplinary grounding in the Appalachian region, including its social, economic and environmental diversity.
Dive deep into Appalachian folklore, music and sustainability and gain insight into the arts, sciences and humanities that comprise this marvelous region.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
Ideal for those working as
- Museum curators
- Folklife programmers
- Completion time: One-to-two classes per semester
- Coursework will be delivered in an asynchronous format
- Click for course information
Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Personal statement
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.