The online Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education at Appalachian
Are you an experienced working nurse wanting to transition to a teaching role, either as a nurse educator or in patient safety and education? Appalachian State’s online graduate certificate in Nursing Education will take the knowledge and skills you have gained as a registered nurse and help you transform yourself into a powerful teacher for other nurses.
This certificate meets the qualification to allow nurses to become nurse educators and fills the growing need for nurse educators, who are needed to produce enough registered nurses to meet societal demands.
Help shape the future of health care by educating and mentoring nurses and preparing them to make an even greater impact in the lives of their patients. Maintaining an adequately staffed and trained health care workforce is essential to support healthy, just, and sustainable local communities. As a graduate, you will be qualified to fill staff development, patient education, and faculty openings in order to address the need for more qualified nurses for the future in the state of North Carolina.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Nurse educator
- Nursing faculty
- Administrative nurse faculty
- Staff development manager
- Completion time: two semesters, fall and spring
- Coursework will be delivered primarily in an asynchronous format
- Attractive option for Appalachian’s MHA students
Eligibility and application requirements
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Current, unrestricted RN license in North Carolina or state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) with North Carolina
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcripts from each college or university (other than Appalachian) attended in the last five years