The online Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education at App State
Are you an experienced working nurse wanting to transition to a teaching role, either as a nurse educator or in patient safety and education? Appalachian State’s online graduate certificate in Nursing Education will take the knowledge and skills you have gained as a registered nurse and help you transform yourself into a powerful teacher for other nurses.
This certificate meets the qualification to allow nurses to become nurse educators and fills the growing need for nurse educators, who are needed to produce enough registered nurses to meet societal demands.
Help shape the future of health care by educating and mentoring nurses and preparing them to make an even greater impact in the lives of their patients. Maintaining an adequately staffed and trained health care workforce is essential to support healthy, just, and sustainable local communities. As a graduate, you will be qualified to fill staff development, patient education, and faculty openings in order to address the need for more qualified nurses for the future in the state of North Carolina.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Nurse educator
- Nursing faculty
- Administrative nurse faculty
- Staff development manager
- Completion time: two semesters, fall and spring
- Courses are delivered primarily asynchronously (with coursework completed on your schedule)
- Attractive option for Appalachian’s MHA students
- Click for course information
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- hold a current, unrestricted RN license in North Carolina or state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) with North Carolina
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years