Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Media Literacy
Knowing how to effectively create, integrate and evaluate all forms of media is paramount to our successful use and incorporation of technology in our lives.
Our online Graduate Certificate in Digital Media Literacy teaches you the media literacy skills necessary to critically analyze the intersections of media and culture while fostering creativity and social awareness. This program focuses on a holistic understanding of media, including production processes and industry practices, critical investigation of content and changing technologies and the impact of stories and images on audiences.
Completion of this certificate will provide you a competitive edge if you are seeking employment, or already employed, in areas such as distance education, educational media programming and the global media environment.
- Educational media programmer
- Global media specialist
All 18 hours of certificate credit transfers to the master's degree. If you are a prospective MA applicant, you should formally apply to the degree program prior to reaching nine hours.
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.