The Graduate Certificate in Public Health Nutrition Practice at App State
Do you want to be a part of the next generation of health professionals ready to integrate nutrition into all aspects of public health practice?
The Graduate Certificate in Public Health Nutrition Practice offered through App State Online will prepare you to understand the role of nutrition in disease prevention and health promotion, dietary assessment, nutritional epidemiologic methods, nutritional physiology and food and nutrition policy.
Learn to promote, develop, implement and evaluate programs and policies that promote optimal nutrition and population health and well-being.
All 15 hours of this graduate certificate seamlessly transfer into Appalachian’s Master of Nutrition, with a concentration in Public Health Nutrition, also offered online.
The Department of Nutrition and Health Care Management at Appalachian State is a member of the Association of Graduate Programs in Public Health Nutrition (AGPPHN).
- Food bank director
- Food policy director
- Public health nutrition specialist
- Food and nutrition program director
- Completion time: One year, classes year-round
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Additional prerequisite courses (up to 6 hours) may be required if introductory nutrition and medical terminology courses are needed.
- Click for course information
Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts (or evaluated transcripts for degrees and coursework earned outside of the United States) should be uploaded showing any completed degrees and coursework.
Note: Official transcripts will be required prior to enrolling.
- Personal statement
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.