The online Communication Studies undergraduate degree at App State
Communication is an essential skill, and in today’s ever-changing world, effective communication will significantly impact your career. The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Communication Studies program at App State will enable you to apply communication principles to contemporary issues as you build writing, speaking and analytical skills.
After graduation, you will be suited to provide effective leadership in a wide range of industries, including the business, healthcare, communication, nonprofit, legal and education sectors
With 8-week courses and evaluation of prior military credit before enrollment, this program is ideally suited for members of the military (or qualified dependents).
Interested in learning more?
Join us for an App State Online Information Session.
- A minor is required for this degree. Consult with the academic department for your minor of interest to confirm online classes will be offered
- Major courses offered in eight-week sessions.
- Click for course information(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
You may enter this program as a first-year or transfer student.
- If you are a current high school senior or haven't attended college since graduating high school (including Early/Middle college applicants), review First-Year Admission Requirements.
- If you have completed college coursework since graduating high school (including military service member or veteran and second-degree seeking applicants), review Transfer Admission Requirements. Visit our transfer equivalency course search to see how your previous coursework transfers to Appalachian.
- If you have previously taken classes at App State and would like to re-enroll, review our Readmissions Requirements
Before finishing this program, you must also have met Appalachian’s General Education requirements.