The online Communication Studies undergraduate degree at Appalachian
Communication is an essential skill, and in today’s ever-changing world, effective communication will significantly impact your career. The Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies program at Appalachian State University provides you with a solid foundation in core principles and practices to help you build the requisite knowledge and skills to plan, deliver and evaluate persuasive communication.
With your enhanced communication skills, you will be suited to provide effective leadership in a wide range of industries, including the business, health care, communication, nonprofit, legal and education sectors.
This program is open to all members of the military (and qualified dependents) who wish to earn a four-year degree from a highly recognized national institution. Evaluation of prior military credit will be provided for all applicants prior to the admissions decision and a process for completion of any missing requirements will be outlined. Non-military applicants will be considered on a space-available basis.
App State Online: Change your future.
Interested in learning more?
Join us for an App State Online Information Session.
- A minor is required for this degree.
- Major courses offered in eight-week sessions
- Click for information on course sequencing and advising
- Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
You may enter this program as a first-year or transfer student.
- If you have 0-23 credit hours, review First-Year Admission Requirements.
- If you have 24 credit hours or more, review Transfer Admission Requirements. Visit our transfer equivalency course search to see how your previous coursework transfers to Appalachian.
Before finishing this program, you must also have met Appalachian’s General Education requirements.