The online Master of Business Administration degree at Appalachian
Enhance your marketability, increase your business skill set and become more effective in your current role or prepare for new employment opportunities with Appalachian State University’s Master of Business Administration program.
Dive into this 36-hour App State Online program and discover what it takes to stand out in the business world.
Through this program, Appalachian faculty will connect you to both practical and theoretical applications that can help you gain a well-rounded business education and push your career forward with the skills employers demand.
As a graduate, you will be equipped with a core set of competencies including functional business knowledge, leadership and teamwork skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, responsiveness to domestic and global business environments, appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism as well as ethical and legal responsibilities, professional development and communication skills.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Business owner
- Project manager
- Finance analyst
- Business operations manager
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Some courses may require exam proctoring at pre-approved testing centers
- Two classes per semester, year-round
- Completion time: two years
- Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
Note: Applicants are advised to have an informal resume/transcript review during the application process. Please reach out to the program director for more information.
COVID-19 Update Effective 8/5/2020:
Individuals applying to programs for admission in Spring 2021 or later will be expected to submit scores for the required entrance exam unless they meet their intended program's criteria for waiving the exam (see more about admissions exam criteria below). Both the GRE and the GMAT are available in an at-home / online format; in addition, many testing centers have reopened and are available for on-site testing.
GRE or GMAT waivers are available if the applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better; and
- 5 or more years of full-time, professional work or military experience; or
- membership in Beta Gamma Sigma; or
- a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.6 or higher in a degree earned at Appalachian State University.
No exam waiver is automatic but will require review and approval by the Graduate School upon submission of a complete application. An approved waiver request does not guarantee acceptance into the program. A denied waiver request does not mean that a candidate is denied admission to the program, only that a standardized exam score is needed to more fully evaluate the application. Standardized test scores may be required for scholarship consideration.
Applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 will be required to take the official general GRE or GMAT exam in accordance with Graduate School policy.
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)
- Three references