The off-campus Master of Business Administration degree at Appalachian
Enhance your marketability, increase your business skill set and become more effective in your current role or prepare for new employment opportunities with Appalachian State University’s Master of Business Administration program.
Dive into this 36-hour App State Online program and discover what it takes to stand out in the business world.
Through this program, Appalachian faculty will connect you to both practical and theoretical applications that can help you gain a well-rounded business education and push your career forward with the skills employers demand.
As a graduate, you will be equipped with a core set of competencies including functional business knowledge, leadership and teamwork skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, responsiveness to domestic and global business environments, appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism as well as ethical and legal responsibilities, professional development and communication skills.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Business owner
- Project manager
- Finance analyst
- Business operations manager
- Two classes per semester, year-round
- Completion time: two years
- Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
Note: As evidence of knowledge in statistics, financial accounting, economics, corporate finance, marketing and organizational behavior through coursework, work experience or completion of the accelerated prerequisite program before taking graduate coursework in those subjects in required for admissions, applicants are advised to have an informal resume/transcript review.
An admissions exam is not required for this program if the applicant has:
- Five or more years of full-time, professional work or military experience; or
- Completed a graduate certificate in Business Analytics at Appalachian State with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)