The online Master of Business Administration degree at App State
Enhance your marketability, increase your business skill set and become more effective in your current role or prepare for new employment opportunities with Appalachian State University’s Master of Business Administration program.
Dive into this 36-hour App State Online program and discover what it takes to stand out in the business world.
Through this program, Appalachian faculty will connect you to both practical and theoretical applications that can help you gain a well-rounded business education and push your career forward with the skills employers demand.
As a graduate, you will be equipped with a core set of competencies including functional business knowledge, leadership and teamwork skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, responsiveness to domestic and global business environments, appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism as well as ethical and legal responsibilities, professional development and communication skills.
App State Online: Change your future.
Interested in learning more?
Join us for an App State Online Information Session.
- Business Control Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Management Consultant
- Supply Chain Business Analyst
Check out other careers of App State MBA graduates
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Two classes per semester, year-round, to complete your MBA in two years; however, you can take classes to fit your pace
- All MBA students must take at least one elective with an international focus. This requirement can be fulfilled through an optional faculty-led study abroad experience.
- Click for course information
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
Note: Applicants are advised to have an informal resume/transcript review during the application process. Please reach out to the program director for more information.
GRE or GMAT waivers are available if you meet one of the following criteria:
- a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.6 or higher; or
- membership in the Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society; or
- a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher AND 5 or more years of full-time, professional work or military experience
No exam waiver is automatic but will require review and approval by the Graduate School upon submission of a complete application. An approved waiver request does not guarantee acceptance into the program. A denied waiver request does not mean that a candidate is denied admission to the program, only that a standardized exam score is needed to more fully evaluate the application. Standardized test scores may be required for scholarship consideration.
Applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 will be required to take the official general GRE or GMAT exam in accordance with Graduate School policy.
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)
- Three references
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of Intent outlining why you are pursuing an MBA at App State as well as any other information you would like the admissions committee to consider as they review your application.