The online Elementary Education Math Graduate Certificate at Appalachian
Are you an elementary school teacher looking for a math endorsement? App State’s graduate certificate in Elementary Mathematics Education is designed for you.
Our program leads to the N.C. Elementary Mathematics Add-On Licensure for persons who hold the initial or master’s-level Elementary Education license.
App State coursework helps teachers like you deepen their understanding of mathematics, the processes of learning mathematics and children’s mathematical thinking in order to be strong mathematics teachers.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Elementary mathematics specialist
- 18 credit hours delivered online with both synchronous and asynchronous meetings (2 courses per semester, including summer)
- Click for course information
Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the chosen teaching area from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the U.S. Department of Education for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at Appalachian at email@example.com or 828-262-7559.