The online Elementary Education Math Graduate Certificate at App State
Are you an elementary school teacher looking for a math endorsement? App State’s graduate certificate in Elementary Mathematics Education is designed for you.
Our program leads to the N.C. Elementary Mathematics Add-On Licensure for persons who hold the initial or master’s-level Elementary Education license.
App State coursework helps teachers like you deepen their understanding of mathematics, the processes of learning mathematics and children’s mathematical thinking in order to be strong mathematics teachers.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Elementary mathematics specialist
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses, with two courses per semester, including summer.
- Click for course information
Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the chosen teaching area from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts (or evaluated transcripts for degrees and coursework earned outside of the United States) should be uploaded showing any completed degrees and coursework.
Note: Official transcripts will be required prior to enrolling.
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
Appalachian State programs that lead to a professional licensure or certificate are intended to prepare students for licensure or certification in North Carolina. Check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements in other states.