The online Master of Arts in Higher Education degree at Appalachian
Appalachian State University’s Master of Arts in Higher Education program invites you to explore the higher education environment across a range of professional perspectives.
Build a foundation on which you can encourage student growth either directly or at an administrative level. Dive into the multicultural and diversity issues affecting student development in higher education and explore organizational principles that guide colleges and universities.
You'll learn to lead complex administrative and management positions in university and college offices, national and international associations and organizations, government agencies, foundations, and corporations. Upon completing the program, you’ll have a deeper understanding of the higher education landscape as well as the strategic mindset needed to conceptualize, create and promote the educational possibilities of tomorrow.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Academic advisement
- Supervisory roles in admissions, student affairs, advancement, institutional research and more
- Faculty and staff development
- The Community College and University Leadership concentration prepares you for mid- and upper-level management and administration positions in colleges and universities. Click for course information.
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
This program blends synchronous and asynchronous coursework, utilizing a range of online platforms including Zoom and ASULearn to maximize interaction and engagement.
Completion time: two years.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- meet Graduate School admission criteria
GRE or MAT scores are required for entry into this program unless the applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better; and
- Five or more years of professional work experience
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcripts from each college or university (other than Appalachian) attended in the last five years
- Three references