The online Master of Arts in Higher Education degree at Appalachian
Appalachian State University’s Master of Arts in Higher Education program invites you to explore the higher education environment across a range of professional perspectives.
Build a foundation on which you can encourage student growth either directly or at an administrative level. Upon completing the program, you’ll have a deeper understanding of the higher education landscape as well as the strategic mindset needed to conceptualize, create and promote the educational possibilities of tomorrow.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Staff management
- Academic advisement
- Business administration
- The Community College and University Leadership concentration prepares you for mid- and upper-level management and administration positions in colleges and universities. Click for course information.
- The Adult and Developmental Education concentration readies you to design, deliver and evaluate educational programs for adults in community colleges and universities, allied health programs, industry, the community and other agencies and organizations offering adult education. Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
This program blends synchronous and asynchronous coursework, utilizing a range of online platforms including Zoom and ASULearn to maximize interaction and engagement.
Completion time: two years.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- have GRE or MAT test scores no older than five years (Click for entrance exam waiver eligibility)
- meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
- Three references
This is a program that leads to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the U.S. Department of Education for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at Appalachian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-262-7559.