The online Instructional Technology Leadership Graduate Certificate at App State
If you are an educational professional or have a desire to gain and refine your skills for technology leadership positions in educational environments, the online, 18-hour Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Leadership at Appalachian State University is the program for you.
This innovative program is designed to meet the evolving needs of the instructional technology field. Through active scholarship, reflection, professional discourse and interdisciplinary programs of study based on the integration of theory and practice, you will be well-prepared for positions such as chief technology officer or technology director.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor projects employment of computer and information systems managers to grow by 15 percent through 2024.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Technology director
- Information systems manager
- Chief technology officer
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- All 18 hours count as a concentration in Instructional Technology Leadership for those admitted to Appalachian's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.
Eligibility and application requirements
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Education Media or related field from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification in North Carolina. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at App State at email@example.com or 828-262-7559.