The online Instructional Technology Leadership Graduate Certificate at Appalachian
If you are an educational professional or have a desire to gain and refine your skills for technology leadership positions in educational environments, the online, 18-hour Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Leadership at Appalachian State University is the program for you.
This innovative program is designed to meet the evolving needs of the instructional technology field. Through active scholarship, reflection, professional discourse and interdisciplinary programs of study based on the integration of theory and practice, you will be well-prepared for positions such as chief technology officer or technology director.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor projects employment of computer and information systems managers to grow by 15 percent through 2024.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Technology director
- Information systems manager
- Chief technology officer
Coursework will be delivered online in two formats:
- Synchronous: One evening per week per class, students join their classmates and instructor for a three-hour class in real-time in virtual classroom.
- Asynchronous: Coursework may be completed on the student's own schedule, except for individualized online meetings with the instructor.
- All 18 hours count as a concentration in Instructional Technology Leadership for those admitted to Appalachian's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
Eligibility and application requirements
Applicants must hold a master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Education Media or related field from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)