The online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Facilitation at Appalachian
Technology is a vital part of today’s classroom. Appalachian State University’s Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Facilitation teaches you to maximize effectiveness and improve student performance in your classroom.
Explore and evaluate current e-learning tools, develop pedagogical skills and devise strategies to support learning through technology, including blended learning techniques.
The flexible, online certificate provides either a North Carolina Advanced Licensure in Computers (077) or a Technology Facilitation Endorsement (079).
This App State Online program is intended for teachers in the K-12 system needing additional licensure or endorsements for their classrooms.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Instructional technology facilitator
- Educational specialist
All 18 hours of certificate credit transfers to the master's degree. If you are a prospective MA applicant, you should formally apply to the degree program prior to reaching nine hours.
To be eligible for Computer Teacher (079) Endorsement or Instructional Technology Facilitator (077) Licensure, applicants much have ‘A’ level licensure in North Carolina or the equivalent from another state. Only applicants with an existing Master’s degree in an educational field may be eligible to add 077 licensure.
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
This is a program that can lead to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the U.S. Department of Education for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at Appalachian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-262-7559.