The online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Facilitation at Appalachian
Technology is a vital part of today’s classroom. Appalachian State University’s Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology Facilitation teaches you to maximize effectiveness and improve student performance in your classroom.
Explore and evaluate current e-learning tools, develop pedagogical skills and devise strategies to support learning through technology, including blended learning techniques.
The flexible, online certificate provides either a North Carolina Advanced Licensure in Computers (077) or a Technology Facilitation Endorsement (079).
This App State Online program is intended for teachers in the K-12 system needing additional licensure or endorsements for their classrooms.
App State Online: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Instructional technology facilitator
- Educational specialist
All 18 hours of certificate credit transfers to the master's degree. If you are a prospective MA applicant, you should formally apply to the degree program prior to reaching nine hours.
Coursework will be delivered online in two formats:
- Synchronous: One evening per week per class, students join their classmates and instructor for a three-hour class in real-time in virtual classroom.
- Asynchronous: Coursework may be completed on the student's own schedule, except for individualized online meetings with the instructor.
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to App State Online students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
Eligibility and application requirements
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
This is a program that leads to licensure or certification. Appalachian State University cannot confirm whether this program will meet the requirements for professional licensure in other states or territories.
If this applies to you, check the U.S. Department of Education for information on licensure requirements and licensing agencies in other states. Or, you may address questions to State Authorization at Appalachian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-262-7559.