Ensure that your career path is on track with a master’s in your profession. Earning a respected, accredited master's degree through App State Online can greatly benefit your professional advancement.
All of our graduate programs require applicants to hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Prospective applicants should check their program of interest for admission requirements.
Explore our options below.
- Business Administration (MBA) - Online
- Curriculum Specialist (MA) - Online
- Educational Administration (EdS) - Online
- Educational Media (MA) - Online
- Elementary Education (MA) - Online
- Health Administration (MHA) - Online
- Higher Education (MA) - Online
- Higher Education: Education Specialist (EdS) - Online
- Library Science (MLS) - Online
- Master of Social Work (MSW) - Hybrid
- Middle Grades Education (MA) - Online
- Nursing (MSN) - Online
- Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition concentration (MS) - Online
- Public Administration (MPA) - Classroom-based
- Reading Education (MA) - Hybrid
- School Administration (MSA) - Online
- Special Education (MA) - Classroom-based
What you need to know as a graduate applicant
Take the next step with one of our graduate-level programs offered through App State Online. We are here to answer your pre-application questions so you can fulfill your educational and career goals.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the criteria for admission to the Graduate School as well as the selected program. Review the graduate program page of your intended program for specific requirements.
- All graduate degree programs require standardized test scores. Most certificate programs do not require test scores. Click for entrance exam waiver eligibility.
- Each graduate-level program requires an undergraduate degree as well as transcripts from each college and university attended.
Our graduate application is used to apply for:
- Graduate Degree Programs, including master's and specialist degrees, and the educational leadership doctoral degree program
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- First-Time Graduate Non-Degree or Licensure Enrollment
- If you are admitted to Appalachian State University for the purpose of taking courses to gain teacher licensure but are not seeking a degree, contact the Reich College of Education at 828-262-6107 for assistance.
Note: Students interested in taking individual graduate courses must apply to the university. Non/degree-seeking students are not admitted to a specific degree program and do not qualify for federal financial aid.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-262-3113.
App State Online: Community
Appalachian State University reserves the right to cancel the start of any App State Online program due to the lack of sufficient, sustainable enrollment (typically 15 for graduate programs and 18 for undergraduate programs). In the event of a cancellation for insufficient enrollment, application fees will be refunded. Refunds will also be issued for any tuition and fees paid by applicants. These refund policies apply only to canceled programs. When program starts are delayed, students may opt for a refund or apply their application to the new semester. If you have any questions concerning this policy, contact email@example.com.