Graduate Certificate in Autism at App State
Develop a deeper understanding of behavioral health with Appalachian State’s innovative, off-campus Autism Graduate Certificate. Grow personally and professionally as you explore the unique opportunities available for educating and helping those in need.
The focused curriculum is designed to prepare you to effectively work with children and students across the autism spectrum. Providing a safe and thorough intervention for those with autism is paramount, and this program will provide you with skills and tools to help those with autism spectrum disorders, which is the fastest growing disability group.
Whether you are a special educator, a P-12 teacher, a concerned family member or an advocate, this certificate gives you critical knowledge and practical skills to help you address a disorder that is estimated to affect at least 1.5 million Americans. Demand is high for trained professionals.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Some online elements will be integrated
- Completion time: 1 year
- Click for course information.
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.