The Online Graduate Certificate in New Media Literacies and Global Perspectives at App State
Knowing how to effectively create, integrate and evaluate new media is paramount to our successful use and incorporation of technology in our lives. No matter your field, new media is a vital part of your industry.
The Graduate Certificate in New Media Literacies and Global Perspectives at Appalachian State University provides you with a diversity of learning experiences, including broadening your awareness of the new media and global education as it relates to its emerging role in industry. Customize your learning to include other areas of interest in educational media and become part of a learning community.
This App State Online program provides a competitive edge for those seeking employment, or already employed, in areas such as distance education, educational media programming and the global media environment.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Educational media programmer
- Global media specialist
All 18 hours of certificate credit transfers to the master's degree. If you are a prospective MA applicant, you should formally apply to the degree program prior to reaching nine hours.
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
(Not every course listed may be delivered to App State Online students, but you will be offered all courses required for the degree.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.