Are you passionate about the college experience? Are you a planner who enjoys coordinating and supervising student affairs? Build a career around higher education as a student services or student affairs administrator.

The online Master of Arts in Higher Education program supplies the knowledge and credentials needed to work in postsecondary education administration.

Have a master’s degree, but aren’t quite ready to commit to a doctoral program? Many of our students use the online Higher Education: Education Specialist (EdS) degree program to further advance their careers.

What Does a Career as a Student Services or Student Affairs Administrator Look Like?

Student services or student affairs administrators are responsible for a variety of co-curricular school functions, such as housing, safety, health, athletics, and activities.

They typically do the following:

  • Advise students on topics such as housing issues, personal problems, or academics.
  • Communicate with parents or guardians.
  • Create, support, and assess non-academic programs for students.
  • Schedule programs and services, such as athletic events or recreational activities.
  • Specialize in one area such as student activities, housing and residential life, or multicultural affairs and diversity.
  • Work in a particular department, college, university, boarding school or aspect of student life to meet student needs on a large scale.

Student Services or Student Affairs Administrator Career Salary and Forecast

Professionals working in North Carolina as student services or student affairs administrators earn a median salary of $67,273 (as of 2018).

The average salary in North Carolina as college or university administrators is $67,273 (as of 2018). this average salary is above the living wage for North Carolina

Job opportunities for North Carolina professionals in this career path are growing at a rate of 10.89% per year. This job growth rate is higher than the national labor market average of 7.4%.

The number of people employed in this field is expected to grow over the next 10 years.

What Education is Required to Work as a Student Services or Student Affairs Administrator?

Over half of the professionals currently working in this career path have a master’s degree, and approximately 20% have a doctoral degree.

Bachelor's Degree: 70.6%
								Master's Degree: 50.8% Doctoral Degree: 19.8%

Student Services or Student Affairs Administrator Job Opportunities

Job titles in this industry vary by employer. Graduates of this degree program find employment working as the following:

  • Student Services Administrator
  • Student Affairs Administrator
  • Dean of Students
  • Admissions Director
  • Student Housing Director
  • Financial Aid Administrator
  • Academic Affairs Administrator

Student services and student affairs administrators are in demand. Explore job opportunities here.

Ready to Get Started?

Plan. Organize. Create an exceptional campus environment. Apply now to get the education required to work as a student services or student affairs administrator.

Data sourced from Burning Glass Program Insight and: 
Burning Glass Technologies. 2018.