The hybrid Graduate Certificate in Reading Education at Appalachian
Appalachian State University’s Graduate Certificate in Reading Education offered through App State Online will help you improve reading comprehension in your K-12 classroom, putting your students on a path to academic achievement.
This certificate partially fulfills the 24-hour requirement for the add-on Reading Education license for North Carolina and may be used toward the fulfillment of the 39-hour requirement for the Master of Arts degree in Reading Education.
The Reading Education program maintains a clinical focus where students learn through direct experience in how to assist children and adults to read.
Appalachian has long been recognized as an outstanding teacher education institution, and its reading faculty is one the largest in the southeastern United States.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Classroom teacher
- Reading specialist
- Most courses are face-to-face with evening meeting times
- For hybrid courses, there will be at least one pre-arranged face-to-face meeting
- For the hybrid or online courses, synchronous class meetings may be required as well as asynchronous coursework
- Click for course information
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years