The online Graduate Certificate in Reading Education at App State
Appalachian State University’s Graduate Certificate in Reading Education offered through App State Online will help you improve reading comprehension in your K-12 classroom, putting your students on a path to academic achievement.
This certificate partially fulfills the 24-hour requirement for the add-on Reading Education license for North Carolina and may be used toward the fulfillment of the 39-hour requirement for the Master of Arts degree in Reading Education.
The Reading Education program maintains a clinical focus where students learn through direct experience in how to assist children and adults to read.
Appalachian has long been recognized as an outstanding teacher education institution, and its reading faculty is one the largest in the southeastern United States.
App State Online: Change your future.
- Classroom teacher
- Reading specialist
- This program blends synchronous (set meeting times in an online classroom) and asynchronous (with coursework completed on your schedule) courses.
- Click for course information
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts (or evaluated transcripts for degrees and coursework earned outside of the United States) should be uploaded showing any completed degrees and coursework.
Note: Official transcripts will be required prior to enrolling.
Appalachian State programs that lead to a professional licensure or certificate are intended to prepare students for licensure or certification in North Carolina. Check the Professional Licensure webpage for information on licensure requirements in other states.