Are you driven to get results? Do you enjoy promoting a brand through messaging and web content? Are you interested in what goes on behind the scenes of a successful brand? If so, you may enjoy a career working as a social media strategist and SEO specialist.
The online Communication, Advertising program supplies the knowledge and credentials needed to work as a social media strategist and SEO specialist.
- What Does a Career as a Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist Look Like?
- Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist Salary and Forecast
- What Education is Required to Work as a Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist?
- Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist Job Opportunities
What Does a Career as a Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist Look Like?
Social media strategists and SEO specialists drive traffic to websites using a combination of social media postings and strategic use of keywords, web copy, video and content.
Social media strategists and SEO specialists typically
- Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces.
- Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content.
- Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
- Collect and analyze web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition or cost per click.
- Conduct online marketing initiatives, such as paid ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions or viral marketing campaigns on social media platforms.
Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist Career Salary and Forecast
Professionals working in North Carolina as social media strategists and SEO specialists earn a median salary of $57,338 (as of 2018).
Job opportunities for North Carolina professionals working in this career are growing at a rate of 22.73% per year. This job growth rate is significantly higher than the national labor market average of 7.97%.
What Education is Required to Work as a Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist?
Approximately 91.3% of the professionals currently working in this career path have a bachelor’s degree, and 14.7% have a master’s degree.
Social Media Strategist and SEO Specialist Job Opportunities
Job titles in this industry vary by employer. Graduates of this degree program find employment working as the following:
- Social Media Expert
- SEO Specialist
- Marketing Specialist
- Digital Marketing Expert
- Social Media Manager
- Search Marketing Strategist
- Internet Marketing Specialist
SEO and social media experts are in demand. Explore job opportunities here.
Ready to Get Started?
Ready to use your communication and marketing skills to get results? Apply now to get the education required to work as a social media strategist and SEO specialist.
Data sourced from Burning Glass Program Insight and:
Burning Glass Technologies. http://www.burning-glass.com. 2018.